Friday, February 10, 2012

Chocolate Cherry Superfood Shake for 2 or 3

Just whipped this up in the blender and while it's a work in progress it's pretty tasty and super good for you. This one doesn't have a pic yet but I will try to add one later. I put the brands I use in ( ) and always opt for organic where I can because it's the only way to ensure that the product isn't genetically modified or sprayed with msg etc. As you will see I'm a real Navitas whore among other things.

Chocolate Cherry Superfood Shake

In a blender combine:

1 1/2 cups frozen pie cherries (Willamette Valley Fruit Co)
3 small organic bananas*
2 tsp raw maca powder (Navitas)
2 tsp freeze dried camu camu fruit powder (Navitas)
1/4 cup raw cacao powder (Navitas)
1-2 cups enriched vanilla rice milk (Rice Dream)
2 tbs raw agave syrup (Madhava)
2 tbs rice protein powder (Nutribiotic)

Blend all ingredients together until smooth adding more rice milk as necessary. Pour into pint jars and suck up the supercharged goodness and feel good about the fact you just fed your brain and body mondo goodies leaving less room for the junk and more for immortality!

My batch made 4 cups but if you make smoothies regularly as you know volume can vary greatly.

*I have a friend that's allergic to bananas. If you are too, I'd suggest you substitute more cherries and a bit more agave syrup for the banana.
Enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment